New York’s Maltz Auctions Reports Stellar Sales for 2015
Real Estate Transactions Totaled in Excess of $100m
(Central Islip, NY – January, 2016)- For the fourth quarter of 2015, Maltz Auctions, a leading full-service auction company serving the New York metropolitan region, reported a year-over-year increase of 22% in gross sales transactions.
“2015 was a year of transition which ended with the loss of my father, David, the founder of Maltz Auctions, just before the New Year,” said Richard Maltz, President of Maltz Auctions. “I’m ecstatic that my team and I were able to honor his memory by surpassing our goals and having our most profitable year. Real estate transactions alone totaled in excess of $100m.”
Full Year Highlights:
- A 63,000+ square-foot mixed-use corner building at a major intersection located in the Bronx. It featured six commercial spaces with fifty-five residential apartments above. $15.15 million
- Three luxurious hotel-condominiums within the famed Fontainebleau, an oceanfront resort complex in Miami Beach, Florida. The three units included a one-bedroom suite, and two junior suite-studios, all of which were available individually, in groups or in bulk. $2.44 million
- The Fire Island Pines resort commercial district complex, comprising restaurants, nightclubs, retail, a hotel and residential housing, conveniently located only 90 minutes from New York City. Considered the best-known and most beloved gay community in the world, with its famous sandy beaches facing the Atlantic Ocean, The Pines is the premier gay vacation get-away in the tri-state area and attracts an affluent, international audience. $10.1 million
- A custom-built, six bedroom, 5.5 bath luxury home, located in Bronxville, NY, in the prestigious estate neighborhood of Lawrence Park West, sits on a .84-acre private lot. $1.134 million
- A gated enclave of five estate homes/lots, known as “Weathervane Estates” including the renowned Historic Jessup Homestead, located south of the highway in the heart of Quogue Village, N.Y., in bulk. $5.512 million
- A 5.6+acre waterfront property with spectacular views, as well as a garage for 30+ automobiles, located in Huntington Bay, NY within the private Bay Crest Association community. $2.968 million
“Our auto auction division, as well as our personal property auctions, continue to attract a large number of participants and we couldn’t be more pleased,” added Maltz.
For details about additional upcoming auctions visit MaltzAuctions.com.
About Maltz Auctions:
Maltz Auctions is a premier, full-service auction company specializing in creating liquidity through the auction method of marketing. Now a $100+ million company with an impeccable reputation for professionalism, integrity and success, Maltz Auctions has conducted thousands of auctions and generated over $2 billion in sales on behalf of such clients as the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts and financial institutions throughout the country, the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, N.Y. State Department of Taxation & Finance, Court Appointed Receivers, Estate Executors and Public Administrators, as well as law firms, private individuals and corporations, nationwide. Maltz Auctions is court approved to act as auctioneers, real estate brokers and receivers. The 35-year-old firm is nationally recognized as a trusted name in excellence and achievement.